Tell us the occasion and we'll help you find the right meal:
An Occasion to Remember
- Ginger Infused Marlborough Salmon
- Ruby Roasted Pears
- Lemon Herb Fritters with Goats Cheese
- Day Boat Snapper with Vanilla Fennel and Clam Espuma
Lunch with Friends
- Chermoula Marinated Chicken
- Summer Shrimp Salad
- Mushrooms & Beans with Sour Cream Lime Dressing
- Asparagus, Spinach & Lemon Risotto
- Roast Scampi Tails, Cured Ham, Kumera Gnocchi, Parsnip Puree and Butter Sauce
- Lamb Tagine
- Balsamic Glazed Chicken with Spring Onion Mash
- Pad Thai
- Cote De Boeuf A La Grandmere
Find the perfect meal and the perfect wine for any occasion.
Linguine with Chilli, Tomato, Rocket & Lime
If your cooking repertoire doesn’t extend much beyond boiling water and pasta, then this dish has it all. You’ll impress with your suave and sophisticated selection of flavours and best of all, there is no messy sauce. Tonight isn’t the time to ruin a favorite shirt or a stunning frock.
400g linguine or spaghetti
2 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, sliced finely
2 cloves garlic, sliced
2 long red chillies, seeded and sliced finely
200g cherry tomatoes, halved
125g rocket leaves (arugula) roughly chopped
Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
⅓ cup lime juice
½ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of heavily salted water. Don’t skimp here on the salt – it needs to taste like the ocean. Trust me – this will make all the difference to your final dish. You would want to be adding at least 1/3 cup of salt to 4 litres of boiling water.
Bring the water to a rapid boil and cook until just al dente.
While your pasta is cooking add the oil and onion to a fry pan over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes or until the onion is softened. Add the garlic and chilli and cook for 2 minutes. Add the tomato and cook for 1 minute or until the tomatoes just start to soften.
To serve, toss the pasta with the tomato and onion mixture, rocket, salt, pepper, lime juice and parmesan.